Comic Con Costume Contest
Details coming soon!
Anime Con Costume Contest
Details coming soon!
Click or scroll for costume rules
Costume & Weapon Rules
These apply to the contest AND convention in general.
Cape Anime Con is a family friendly event. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees and be aware of your surroundings. Many people attend specifically to see all of the amazing costumes.
- Cover your body parts. “No costume” is not a costume. “Paint” and/or “pasties” are not a costume, either. No intentional or unintentional “wardrobe malfunctions” allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
- All military, law enforcement, and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
- Roller blades, roller skates, and skateboards will not be allowed in the convention center.
- Please, no signs offering services or making requests to be hugged or touched. We want everyone to feel comfortable.
- Service Animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them.
No functional weapons are allowed at Cape Anime Con
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by convention staff and compliance with the following:
- All costume weapons must be inspected at the ticket table in the lobby.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable.
- Triggers must be peace-tied with zipties or ribbons.
- Functional (real) arrows must have their tips removed and be bundled and zip tied to a quiver
- Metal blades must stay sheathed when walking; you may unsheathe them for pictures.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to Cape Anime Con.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation to make Cape Anime Con a safe and fun environment for everyone.